Information regarding Rhine navigation in the context of COVID-19
[Status: 27 May 2020]
[Status: 7 May 2020, 17:00]
Taking effect at 21:00 on Sunday 10 May, night-time locking operations on the Upper Rhine will resume and all Rhine locks will again operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
[Status: 31 March 2020, 14:00]
The lock operators on the Upper Rhine, Wasserstraßen- und Schifffahrtsverwaltung des Bundes (WSV), Voies navigables de France (VNF) and Électricité de France (EDF), have agreed to cease lock operations at night, namely between 21:00 and 05:00. Night closure will commence on the night of 01 to 02 April. Locks will reopen at night once special protective measures for lock personnel are no longer required and sufficient lock operating staff are available again.
All locks between Kembs and Iffezheim are affected by this measure. The traffic control centres and reporting points on the Rhine on the other hand will remain in operation at all times. The lock operators will ensure that sufficient berths are available for vessels arriving at the locks during the night.
The measures are being taken in order to protect employees' health and to ensure the operators' ability to keep going for as long as the crisis lasts.
[Status: 23 March 2020, 17:30]
The CCNR has taken exceptional measures in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure a good performance of Rhine navigation and that the supply chain continues to operate.
The resolution adopted this Monday, 23 March 2020, will come into force immediately. In addition to infrastructure management and the validity of certificates and attestations, this resolution provides for measures ensuring free movement of crew. A crew member certificate of attestation will be provided in the annex to the resolution.
- Press release - Resumption of night-time locking operations on the Upper Rhine in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic (07.05.2020)
- Exceptional measures in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic - Application of transitional provisions for inspection certificate (29.04.2020)
- Press release - Night-time closure of locks on the Upper Rhine owing to the Covid-19 pandemic (31.03.2020)
- Resolution - Exceptional measures in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic (23.03.2020)
- Attestation for work related travel of inland navigation crew to be submitted to the enforcement authorities (23.03.2020)
- Weekly Newsletter n°6 - Rhine navigation in the context of COVID-19 (14.05.2020)
- Weekly Newsletter n°5 - Rhine navigation in the context of COVID-19 (28.04.2020)
- Weekly Newsletter n°4 - Rhine navigation in the context of COVID-19 (22.04.2020)
- Weekly Newsletter n°3 - Rhine navigation in the context of COVID-19 (15.04.2020)
- Weekly Newsletter n°2 - Rhine navigation in the context of COVID-19 (06.04.2020)
- Weekly Newsletter n°1 - Rhine navigation in the context of COVID-19 (31.03.2020)
- Analysis - Economic impacts of the COVID-19 crisis on European inland navigation (27.03.2020)
- Convention on the collection, deposit and reception of waste generated during navigation on the Rhine and other inland waterways (CDNI) - COVID-19 pandemic
- WSV - Corona-Krise - Aufrechterhaltung der Aufgabenerledigung in der WSV während der COVID-19-Pandemie / Betriebszeiten an Bundeswasserstraßen (02.04.2020)
- WSV – Gefahr für die öffentliche Gesundheit (31.03.2020)
- BMVI - Erlass zu Maßnahmen bei Befähingunsnachweisen (31.03.2020)
- Hinweise für die Zulassung und Durchführung der Prüfungen nach RheinSchPersV und BinSchPatentV
- WSV - Archiv zu bisher veröffentlichten Informationen zur COVID-19-Pandemie
- Non prosecution of Corona virus-related offences (17.03.2020)
- Ministère de la transition écologique et solidaire - Courrier portant sur l’adaptation des agréments nécessaires à la poursuite des activités dans les transports terrestres et maritimes pendant l’état d’urgence sanitaire (20.04.2020)
- VNF - Avis à la batellerie n°FR/2020/01597 (31.03.2020)
- PAS – Avis à la batellerie n°FR/2020/01534 (25.03.2020)
- Voies navigables de France (VNF) Alertes
- ILT - Verklaring m.b.t. Covid-19 (31.03.2020)
- SAB - Corona update
Moselkommission/Commission de la Moselle
International Sava River Basin Commission
International Transport Forum (ITF)